Your Lifestyle Assessment
The ultimate dream home begins with the ultimate consultation …
If you are considering renovating your home or building an architecturally designed new home, then this is one service that you cannot afford to miss.
Design mistakes can be costly and leave you with the heartache of living in a home that does not suit your needs. Your project can only succeed if you have clearly defined objectives.
At Dion Seminara Architecture we understand how important this is. As Brisbane’s leading lifestyle designers with more than 20 years’ experience in the field of renovation and new home design, we understand that the liveability of your home comes from understanding your true needs, which is why we offer our comprehensive Lifestyle Assessment.
Our Lifestyle Assessment can go for up to three hours and is like nothing else in the market today, setting the standard for pre-design consultations and ensuring that your renovation, addition or new home design will be perfectly suited to your lifestyle needs.
With a Dion Seminara Lifestyle Assessment you will get a home that offers the highest levels of liveability for you and your family.
Just take a look at what you will get from this amazing service:
• Current Lifestyle Assessment: Gaining a full understanding of your lifestyle needs is the vital first step to creating the perfect home for you and your family. Our assessment will dig deep to clarify exactly what you need from your home to give you the highest levels of liveability.
• Future Lifestyle Needs: Our needs change as we get older, which is why we will explore your potential future lifestyle requirements. Whether you are thinking of starting a family, or looking to grow old gracefully, our assessment will ensure that your future needs are catered for.
• Design Solutions: Once we fully understand your lifestyle needs, it’s time to start exploring potential design solutions. This is where you will truly start to see the benefits of our years of experience in the field of architectural design, as we look at every possible option to help you achieve your lifestyle goals.
• Budget Assessment: A great plan is only as good as the ability to execute it, which is why you will probably want to take the opportunity to have us assess your budget to ensure the success of your project. Our assessment will look closely at the budget you have allocated and give you suggestions on how you can achieve maximum bang for your buck. If you would like us to do a budget assessment – and I strongly advise that you do – just ask us during your Lifestyle Assessment.
• Capitalisation: Will your project leave your property over or under capitalised? We are not financial advisors and recommend that you get professional, independent financial advice in relation to this question, however feel free to ask us during your assessment if you would like our opinion on any potential capitalisation issues in relation to your project.
• Overall Project Viability: Not every project idea is viable, due to any number of factors. We will explore this with you, giving suggestions when required to ensure that your project has every chance of success.
• Honest Feedback: If you appreciate honesty then you will welcome our feedback during this assessment. We promise to challenge you if we don’t consider a proposed change will be of benefit to you. We will not simply sit back and let you have your way to your own detriment. We provide you with real direction to ensure that your project goals are met.
If you engage us for the next step of the process (Architectural Design Services) immediately at the end of your Lifestyle Assessment, we will refund the price of your Lifestyle Assessment in full.
Given the importance of your project you would be crazy not to take us up on this offer. Regardless of how big or small your project is, you can’t afford to start without first undertaking this eye opening assessment. But don’t just take my word for it, here are just a few of the comments we have received from our clients:
Warwick Absolon, Brisbane
Dion’s challenging questions and realistic answers shed new light on what we thought we wanted. Dion really listened to our needs and presented ideas that went to the heart of what we wanted. His ideas were fantastic and the consultation fee was, in our eyes, a small price compared to the value that he provided. If you have any doubts on the value of this fee for service, don’t. You will be amazed on what he delivers.
Jane Rylance, Ashgrove, Brisbane
We just wanted to thank you for the invaluable advice we received from you the other day. We were particularly impressed at how your constant focus was not on acquiring business for yourself, but on what would be in our best interests. Your advice seemed highly ethical and has ensured we have become very realistic about renovation/extension costs.
Anne & Adam Allica, Bulimba, Brisbane
In 2004 Dion provided us with his verbal advice service … within a month of meeting with Dion we had purchased another property in a much better location that suited our needs. Thanks to Dion, we have seen a huge growth in the value of this home plus we are close to all the amenities in Oxford Street and surrounds that suit our lifestyle needs. Dion’s independent honest approach is refreshing in this day and age.
If the liveability of your home is important to you, then you simply can’t afford to make the mistake of missing out on this detailed Lifestyle Assessment. To take advantage of this wonderful offer, simply fill out the form above and we will contact you to arrange a time to meet with you for your assessment.
This service is a verbal advice consultation only and plans or drawings are not provided at this stage. For overseas or interstate clients, as an alternative to our verbal advice, we recommend our Feasibility Analysis – Space Allocation + Association service. Our immediate upgrade service following our advice is our Architect’s Design Service, including Measured Drawings (if you are renovating), Sketch Design and Design Development. View specific details of these in the section relevant to your project: Residential or Commercial (architectural services listings).
At Dion Seminara Architecture we aim to enhance your life through practical, well thought out designs that take into account your current and future needs. We understand that your project is about more than simply the building itself. It is about looking at all aspects, both inside and out, to ensure that your home compliments and adds to your lifestyle in a very positive way. We help you achieve this by integrating the three parts of your living environment:
ARCHITECTURE + INTERIORS + LANDSCAPE = DESIGN ENHANCING LIFE
Some people believe that services supplied by architects are expensive and not accessible to everyone. And whilst this may be true for some architects, at Dion Seminara Architecture, we provide flexibility in the services we offer, by breaking our services down into a simple 4 Step process. This process enables you, the client, to choose how much, or how little assistance you require, depending on your experience level and budget. You have the choice of engaging us for a single service, or multiple services depending on your needs, thus allowing you to still achieve the benefits of our holistic approach to building projects.
It is our 4 step process that sets Dion Seminara Architecture apart from the rest.
1. Architectural Advice Services (including Interior & External Works Advice)
We understand that not everyone has the budget to enable them to have an architect manage their entire project and that you may only need advice. Perhaps you simply want guidance on your new home or renovation project, as well as some ideas on what your budgets will allow you to achieve. For this reason we offer our Architectural Advice Services. Here is an overview of what you will get as part of this consultation:
- Dion will personally come to your home to meet with yourself and any other decision makers, to explore every possible option for your project.
- This is your chance to discuss your wildest dreams with Dion adding advice as you go, based on his extensive building experience.
- Along the way Dion will give you an idea of potential building costs, to ensure that your plans are staying within your budget.
- Dion will also give you advice on approval processes and likely timelines. You will have an excellent understanding of how long your project is likely to take, and exactly what is required.
This is one step that you will absolutely love. This is your opportunity to discuss your project in-depth at your property with Dion Seminara personally. You can ask Dion anything you like, he will be only too happy to answer your questions as you go.
Keep in mind that this step is an advice service, no plans or sketch designs are provided at this time. This step is purely to explore the potential of your property and look at how to best achieve your project goals.
This is one consultation that you simply cannot afford to miss.
2. Architectural Design Services (including Interior Design & External Works Design)
Once we have completed Step 1, we move onto the ‘concept’ phase of the process. This is where you truly begin to see your dreams come together. If you are renovating, we start off by completing a measured drawing of your home and organising a surveyor to do a survey of the levels of your block. This ensures that we have correct elevations and dimensions of your existing home before we add your new renovation.
From there we create a sketch or ‘concept’ design of your home based on our earlier discussions, to show exactly what it will look like after your renovation, or in the case of a new home, you will now get to see it for the first time. We will also confirm with you our opinion as to the build cost of your project and what approval you will need, and clearly outline a complete timeline for your project, including the building works. All of this will be included a written report. Once we have completed your sketch design, we discuss any potential revisions to ensure that you are 100% happy with your proposed renovations.
Any required alterations and design refinements are then made in our final detailed design. At this point we will also arrange for an independent estimate of costs. Cost estimators make their living through understanding the current cost of materials and any forecast increases in prices, as well as having an accurate understanding of labour costs. By taking this extra step, we can help to ensure that your design is staying within your budget and avoid any nasty surprises further down the track.
3. Architectural Documentation (including Interior Design & External Works Design)
Now that the design and cost estimations are complete, it’s time to sort out the paperwork. We start off by producing building application drawings. Detailed construction drawings and specifications are created so the builder knows exactly what they are building and where it is to be built. We then coordinate all sub-consultants and submit your paperwork for approval to ensure you get all relevant permits and permissions.
We will take care of all of this for you, so you don’t need to worry about a thing. Of course your interior design is just as important as the building design and we can work with you to create the ultimate colour scheme, as well as giving advice on flooring, fittings and fixtures. Storage needs will also be considered, including the complete design of your kitchen, bathrooms, ensuites, laundries, media rooms, entertainment units, studies, robes and/or wine cellars. If you also require advice on any interior decorating items, like furnishings, you will be delighted to know that we work in association with decorating firms to ensure a perfectly seamless and united outcome. Your home will look completely integrated and uniquely stunning.
Your living environment does not end with the building itself. Our plans include landscape design, covering everything from gatehouses and pool design, to fence designs and zoning. If you’re really serious about creating the ultimate home, you simply must have a consultation with Leesa Seminara from Leesa Seminara Garden Design. Leesa is one of the best in the business at creating beautiful subtropical paradises, and we are not just saying that because she is Dion’s wife. Leesa is truly gifted when it comes to garden design.
4. Architectural Building Contract Management (including Interior Design & External Works Design)
This is the stage where we really begin to make your life easy. Finding, negotiating and liaising with builders can be stressful, but our Architectural Building Contract Management service takes care of all of this for you.
We start by sourcing a number of suitably qualified builders. Through our vast experience we have learnt which builders are best suited to varying styles of renovations or new homes and any builders we source will be of the highest standards. Each builder is then invited to tender on your project. From there we will negotiate with them on your behalf, ensuring that you receive the best possible price and completion time.
We do not receive any kickbacks or payments from builders. Our goal is to simply get you the best possible deal, without sacrificing quality. We will provide a detailed tender review and negotiate your contract for you, to ensure you not only have a quality builder, but one that is competitively priced. We will then personally oversee the work done on your project, through regular onsite inspections, to ensure that all work is completed to the highest standards.
If any challenges arise, we will immediately relay this back to you, in plain English, and then deal with the issue on your behalf. By taking on the position of project manager overseeing your builder, we ensure that your renovations or new home will satisfy your every desire.
A turnkey outcome, from concept to completion, tailored to suit your needs is what Steps 1 to 4 can offer you. We look forward to working with you on your upcoming project.